The batch charge and slurry catalyst are continuously pumped through an external heat exchanger to the HH Jet Mixer in the top head of the HH Loop Reactor (Figure 1). The nozzle acts as an eductor, and the action of the slurry passing through creates intimate gas/liquid/solid mixing
The chemical reaction takes place primarily inside the HH Jet Mixer in a well-defined impact zone prior to the gas/liquid disengagement at the Jet Mixer exit. Mass transfer rates are superior to conventional stirred reactors (5 to 10 times better). In the continuous operation mode, the mass transfer rate is increased to even higher levels.
The design of the HH Jet Mixer is adapted such that the HH Loop Reactor system is either under a high gas distribution or under a low gas distribution depending on the specific reaction. The distinct features of the HH Loop Reactor of clearly separated mixing, pumping, and heat removal capacity allow for simple and reliable equipment scale-up with the help of pilot plant tests and simulation programs.
- Operating Volumes from 25 to 12,000 US Gallons (10 Liters to 50 M3)
- Operating Pressures up to 3,000 PSIG (10 to 200 BAR)
- Operating Temperatures up to 650 Â°F (350 Â°C)
- Solid Catalyst Loads up to 10 wt. %
- Solid Substrate Load up to 40 wt. %
- Over 15 % Gas Dispersion Rate throughout the Loop
- Up to 500 CP or higher
- Stainless Steels, Special Alloys, Glass Lined, Graphite
- Internal Polish and CIP for Pharmaceutical Industry
- Continuous or Batch Operation
HH Loop Reactor Pilot Plant Services
For chemistry verification, or technology demonstration, or catalyst screening purposes we are able to provide various different pilot plant sizes to simulate your chemistry. The pilot plants vary in sizes from 20 up to 300 gallons (50 to 1,100 liters) gallons and up to 1,500 psig (100 bar).