Location: New Mexico, USA
HHT was hired to produce a basalt fiber plant with the capability of manufacturing 55 MM/lbs of product per year. During the course of this project, HHT’s duties included:
- Technology verification and patent research.
- Implementation of the basalt fiber technology for the design and building phases.
- Selection of a viable processing sit in North America.
- Assess the basalt mark requirements for the US.
- Assisting in selecting financial institutions.
- Determining the economics to build the plant to such specifications.
- Process design package:
- Material balance
- Process flow diagrams
- Utility requirements
- Plot plan
- Equipment summary list
- Class C estimate (+/- 30% accuracy)